Software and Drivers
- Spectrum analysis software for all Signal Hound spectrum analyzers.
- Includes the USB device drivers for the BB60C and BB60A.
- Programming interface for BB60C and BB60A devices.
- Low level direct device control and measurements.
- 64/32-bit Windows and 64-bit Linux operating systems.
All manuals are included with the Spike software installer. For direct manual links see below.
- Note: Only update if you require the functionality provided. Older firmware versions will continue to work with all future updates. Do not downgrade your firmware if you are at version 7 or above.
- To run the firmware updater you must install the MS Visual Studio 2008 x86 libraries and the MS Visual Studio 2012 x86 libraries.
- Check your BB60C firmware version in the lower right-hand corner of the Spike software window.
- Firmware Version 5 adds TG support for performing scalar network analysis. Compatible with Spike 3.0.7 and BB60C API 3.0.4 and newer.
- Firmware Version 6 adds fast I/Q and real-time tuning speed. Compatible with Spike 3.0.12 and BB60C API 3.0.6 and newer.
- Firmware Version 7 adds USB 3.0 data transfer stability, particularly at high temperatures. This update can only be performed in our facilities. Contact us for more information.
- Contact Signal Hound for instructions.
HDSDR Compatibility Files (Last updated 11/3/2017)
- Everything needed to use the HDSDR software with the BB60A and BB60C spectrum analyzer. Includes setup manual, interface files, and source.
- Open source client/server demo utilizing the BB60A API for remote operation.
BB60A Software version 1.2.3 (Windows 7/8 32/64 bit) – (BB60A only)
- Unzip (extract all files) and run setup.exe
- Includes BB60A software, drivers, and source code
- Includes 32/64 bit Windows C++ APIs
- Includes several open-source demos to help jump-start your project
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is required to build projects
- Some projects require Intel’s Integrated Performance Primitives (purchased separately)
- BB60A User Manual Version 1.2.3 – For the BB60A software interface.
- BB60A API Manual Version 1.2.3 – For the BB60A programming interface.
- To run the firmware updater you must install the MS Visual Studio 2008 x86 libraries.
- Check your firmware version in the lower right corner of Spike.
- Version 5 – 9/29/2015: Adds support for TG44 and TG124 to perform scalar network analysis. Requires Spike Version 3.0.15 to take advantage of this functionality.
- Version 4 – 9/13/2013: The device no longer needs to be power cycled after restarting the PC.
- Two applications which demonstrate streaming IF/IQ from the API.
- VS 2008 / MFC / C++ applications, open source, with simple recording functionality.
- Requires an active BB60 software installation.