The VSG60A features a low phase noise, agile local oscillator with 200 µs switch time, enabling frequency hopping spread spectrum testing. A dual 14-bit DAC runs at 2x or 3x the I/Q symbol rate using digital oversampling to provide a flat, clean baseband; and a digitally adjustable internal VCTCXO ensures frequency errors are kept to a minimum over temperature, or an external 10 MHz input may be used for zero ppm frequency error. A trigger output is also available to synchronize your VSG60A with other test equipment.
Preprogrammed modulation types
CW AM, FM, Pulse, Multitone, Sweep, AWGN, FSK, GFSK, OOK, ASK, MSK, GMSK, BPSK, DBPSK, QPSK, DQPSK, Pi/4DQPSK, OQPSK, 8-PSK, 16-PSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth LE, 802.11a/n
Digital modulation impairments
Channel, AWGN, I/Q Offset, Sample rate multiplier, Freq offset, Timebase multiplier
Use the API to continuously stream I/Q data to the VSG60A at an arbitrary sample rate up to 51.2 MSPS, or use the software to load a CSV, binary short int, or binary floating point I/Q file. Corrections are automatically applied as the data is streamed to the VSG60A.
- RF Frequency Range: 50 MHz to 6 GHz
- May be used down to 30 MHz
- Amplitude range: -55 dBm to +7 dBm
- May be used from -85 dBm to +10 dBm with reduced performance
- Arbitrary I/Q sample rates from 12.5 kSPS to 51.2 MSPS
- Stream waveforms of virtually any size from your PC or laptop
- Agile, low phase noise LO with 200 µs switching time
- Amplitude, mixer balance, and DC offset corrected over frequency and temperature
- Digital oversampling in the FPGA, baseband filtering, and harmonic filtering across full operating range
- Powerful software and API included
- Typical EVM: 0.3% (1 GHz carrier, 1 MSPS QAM16, alpha 0.35, raised cosine)
- External 10 MHz input and trigger output
- Under 9 inches long, and under 1 lb.