osyParticipantosy July 15, 2021 at 5:50 pm
I’ve attached Scalar Network mode calibration result.
1) Default : direct connection between SA & TG
2) Default-result : cature after calibration
3) With RF cable – insert 28GHz rf cable between SA & TG
4) capture after calibration of 3)
The fluctuation at higher band seems to be usual or not?
Can you show me your result of calibration result? I’d like to know the best case of calibration to go next step without concern.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
Justin CrooksModeratorJustin Crooks July 16, 2021 at 9:53 am
There are two major factors that affect the accuracy and stability of scalar measurements:
1) The stability and phase noise of the TG
There isn’t a lot you can do about the TG, but adding 3-6 dB fixed SMA attenuators on the output of the TG and the input of the SA and keeping them there for both the thru measurement and the DUT measurement can improve measurements quite a bit by reducing VSWR.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.