The SM200A is a high-performance spectrum analyzer and monitoring receiver. Tuning from 100 kHz to 20GHz, the analyzer has 160 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth (IBW), 110 dB of dynamic range, 1THz/sec sweep speed at 30kHz RBW (using Nuttall windowing), and phase noise performance that is low enough to contribute less than 0.1% error to EVM measurements and rival even the most expensive spectrum analyzers on the market.
Signal processing is distributed between a very powerful Altera FPGA and an external PC having an Intel Core i5 processor. The Signal Hound SM200A can be readily interfaced, using its local API, to an automated monitoring system or to automated test equipment. The SM200A API provides customers the access needed to insert their own DSP algorithms into a calibrated stream of I/Q data.
• Range: 100 kHz to 20.0 GHz
• RF Input Impedance (type-N connector): 50Ω
• Calibrated Streaming I/Q: 5 kHz to 40 MHz of selectable I/Q bandwidth.
• Sparse Spectrum I/Q Streaming: Users may load a mask, baseline, or threshold to reject signals below User-Defined Amplitude Levels (UDAL) and stream signals that are above the UDAL. The aggregate total of active streaming bandwidth is maintained at 20 MHz of the 160 MHz stare, or IBW (Instantaneous Bandwidth). The quantity of active segments selected are regulated with a dynamic UDAL offset to ensure aggregate system bandwidth does not exceed the 20 MHz limit.
• Resolution Bandwidths (RBW): 0.1 Hz (≤200kHz span) to 3 MHz (any span) using 40 MHz IBW; 30 kHz to 10 MHz using 160 MHz IBW
• Timebase Accuracy: GPS disciplined OCXO remains within ±5 x 10-10 when locked to GPS;
– holdover of ±5 x 10-9 per day for aging;
– holdover of ±1 x 10-8 for temperature over -40°C to 60°C
SYSTEM NOISE FIGURE (typical)
13 dB from 700 MHz to 2.7 GHz;
16 dB from 2.7 GHz to 4.5 GHz;
19 dB from 4.5 GHz to 15.2 GHz
+68dBm from 100 kHz to 2 GHz;
+78dBm from 2 GHz to 10 GHz;
+75 dBm from 10 GHz to 15 GHz;
+60 dBm from 15 GHz to 20 GHz
+28dBm from 100 kHz to 3 GHz;
+24dBm from 3 GHz to 6 GHz;
+20dBm from 6 GHz to 20 GHz
…get ALL the details in the data sheet: SM200A Data Sheet